I have been on a very long journey to self-discovery. Along the way I have read many books, met many people, and everyone who has crossed my path, written or in person, has in some way helped me evolve. I have put together a list of Personal Truths; they are mine, they might not be yours. But in the event that we perhaps have some overlap, I am sharing below. And below these truths of mine is a list of references from which I gleaned my truths.
- I choose my beliefs.
- I am the most important person in my life.
- I am worthy.
- I am created of God.
- God is perfect.
- God is a healer, and therefore so am I.
- We choose our experiences.
- As humans we are here to experience joy, love, and all positive emotions.
- As humans we tend to experience negative emotions.
- Karma is something that we as humans create to whip ourselves.
- The people in our lives are with us for a reason.
- Look into your loved ones’ faces and hearts, it’s like looking into a mirror.
- Guilt is a useless emotion.
- Forgiveness is a choice and a gift.
- Love, joy and forgiveness are the building blocks of happiness and health.
- Words, thoughts and intentions are powerful.
The Science of Mind, by Ernest Holmes
You Can Heal Your Life, by Louise Hay
A New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle
Soul Love, Spiritual Growth, and other books by Sanaya Roman
A Course in Miracles, specifically, the chapters on “forgiveness”